Qualification: MBBS, DPM
Almamater: Calicut Medical College, Central Institute of Psychiatry
Experience: 10 years
Areas of interest: Liaison psychiatry, Community psychiatry, Psychosis, Spirituality and mental health
International Advisory Board Member: Aegean Medical Science Journal.
International Advisory Board Member: Acta Medica Alanya
Editorial Board Member: Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine
Reviewer: Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine
Asian Journal of Psychiatry
Journal of international medical research.
Journal of Affective Disorder
International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction
European Journal of Psychotraumatology
Annals of Medicine
Frontiers in Psychiatry
- Sreeraj VS, Prasad S, Khess CRJ, Uvais NA. Reasons for substance use: A comparative study of alcohol use in tribals and non-tribals. Indian J Psychol Med 2012;34:242-6.
- Uvais N A. Jinn and psychiatry: Beliefs among (muslim) doctors. Indian J Soc Psychiatry 2017;33:47-9.
- Shakeel M, Sreeraj VS, Uvais NA, et al. Attitudes of Psychiatric Hospital Staff Towards Mental Illness and Patients’ Satisfaction with Psychiatric Services. J Psychosoc Rehabil Ment Health 2016;3: 69.
- Shakeel M, Khess CRJ, Sreeraj VS, Uvais NA. Medication Adherence in Schizophrenia: A Hospital Based Cross Sectional Study of Family Related Factors. J Psychosoc Rehabil Ment Health 2017; 4(2):215–219.
- Jose K, Khess CRJ, Uvais NA. Marital quality in alcohol dependance syndrome: a comparative study between first time and repeatedly hospitalised patients. Int J Res Med Sci 2017;5:5301- 6.
- Uvais N A, Nizamie S H, Das B, Praharaj SK, Ul Haq Katshu MZ. Auditory P300 event-related potential: Normative data in the Indian population. Neurol India 2018;66:176-80.
- Jose K, Ravindren RK, Kumar S, Raheemudheen PK, Uvais NA. Functioning and needs of patients with chronic mental illness attending a community mental health clinic in South India. International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation 2017;Vol 21 (1):88-95.
- Uvais NA, Moideen S. Psychiatric Morbidity among Patients Admitted with Dengue Fever. Ankara Med J, 2018;(2):215-8 DOI: 1017098/amj.435269.
- Sreeraj VS, Parija S, Uvais NA, Mohanty S, Kumar S. Indian nursing students’ attitudes toward mental illness and persons with mental illness. Ind Psychiatry J 2017;26:223-7.
- Nalakath MJ, Thasneem PM, Deepak KV, Uvais NA. The profile of patients’ complaints in a tertiary care hospital in South India. Int J Community Med Public Health 2018;5:3567-9.
- Hafeeq B, Hafi NAB, Mohammed TP, NA Uvais. Sleep quality among doctors working in private sector. Paripex- Indian Journal of Research 2018;7(10):66-68.
- Jose K, Mumtaz S, Anjali PJ, Uvais NA. Foster parent’s motivations regarding foster care: A cross-sectional study from south India. International J. of Health Services Research and Policy 2018;3(3):135 – 142
- Jose K, Khess CRJ, Uvais NA. Psychosocial factors associated with repeated hospitalisation in men with alcohol dependence: A hospital based cross sectional study. International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation 2018;22 (2):84-92.
- Rasmina V, Hafeeq B, Uvais NA, Sreeraj VS. Attitudes of Dental Interns Towards Mental Illness. Int J Med Public Health. 2019;9(1):28-30.
- Hafeeq B, Gopinathan JC, Aziz F, Narayanan S, Velikkalagath I, Aboobacker IN, Uvais NA. The expanding role of “Stand-Alone” hemodialysis units in chronic renal replacement therapy: A descriptive study from North Kerala. Indian J Public Health 2019;63:157-9.
- Hafeeq B, Aziz F, Narayanan S, Aboobacker IN, Gopinathan JC, Narayanan R, Binu JJ, Uvais N A. ABO-incompatible transplantation without conventional induction immunosuppression (IL-2RB or depleting agents). Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2020;31:572-81.
- Hafi B, Abdul Latheef EN, Uvais NA, et al. Awareness of Psychodermatology in Indian Dermatologists: A South Indian Perspective [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jul 17]. Dermatol Ther. 2020;e14024. doi:10.1111/dth.14024
- Uvais NA, Shihabudheen P, Bishurul Hafi NA. Perceived stress and stigma among doctors working in COVID-19–designated hospitals in India. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2020;22(4):20br02724.
- Gopinathan JC, Hafeeq B, Aziz F, Narayanan S, Aboobacker IN, Uvais N A. The Prevalence of Frailty and its Association with Cognitive Dysfunction among Elderly Patients on Maintenance Hemodialysis: A Cross-Sectional Study from South India. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2020;31:767-74.
- Afra T P, Uvais N A, Bishnoi A, Sukesh E, Eliyas S, Bishurul Hafi N A, Razmi T M. Knowledge on hydroxychloroquine prescription and attitude toward its use in COVID-19 – A survey-based study among doctors. Indian J Rheumatol [Epub ahead of print] [cited2020 Oct 14]. Available from:https://www.indianjrheumatol.com/preprintarticle.asp?id=298047.
- Uvais NA, Latheef ENA, Hafi B, Jafferany M, Razmi MT, Afra TP. Depression Literacy Among Dermatologists: An Online Survey Study in India. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2020 Nov 19;22(6):20m02608. doi: 10.4088/PCC.20m02608. PMID: 33217228.
- Uvais NA. Use of face masks among patients with psychiatric illnesses during the COVID-19 pandemic: a hospital-based cross-sectional study. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2020;22(6):20br02789.
- Hafi, B., Uvais, N.A.,Rabeeh, V., Arjun, P.C., Tonjam, R., Arafat, S.M.Y.(2020). Effect of COVID-19 lockdown on sexual minorities: A pilot survey study in India. IndianJournal of Health, Sexuality & Culture, 6(2), 60-65.
- Uvais NA, Nalakath MJ, Shihabudheen P, Hafi NAB, Salman CA. Depression, Anxiety, and Coping During the COVID-19 Pandemic Among Indian Expats in the Middle East: A Survey Study. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021 Jan 21;23(1):20m02761. doi: 10.4088/PCC.20m02761. PMID: 33480484.
- Uvais NA, Nalakath MJ, Jose K. Facing COVID-19: psychological impacts on hospital staff in a tertiary care private hospital in India. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021;23(2):20m02843.
- Uvais NA, Moideen S, Hafi NAB, Rajagopal S, et al. Insomnia among Active Patients with COVID-19: A Cross-Sectional Study. Chronobiol Med. 2021;3(1):31-34. Published online March 30, 2021.DOI: https://doi.org/10.33069/cim.2021.0002.
- Arivazhagan K, Sharma S, Dubey I, Sreeraj VS, Uvais N A. Perceived Stigma Towards Psychiatric Illnesses in Mental Health Trainees: A Cross-Sectional Study. Psychosoc. Rehabil. Ment. Health 7, 169–174 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40737-020-00171-y.
- Uvais NA. Profile of patients attending a general hospital psychiatric clinic during lockdown in India: a retrospective study. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021;23(3):20br02898.
- Kumar PNS, Radhika MK, Suresh R, Uvais NA. Comparative Study of Sexual Side Effects in Female Patients With Schizophrenia Receiving Risperidone or Olanzapine. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021 Jul 22;23(4):20m02835. doi: 10.4088/PCC.20m02835. PMID: 34297487.
- Anagha K, Shihabudheen P, Uvais NA. Side Effect Profiles of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors: A Cross-Sectional Study in a Naturalistic Setting. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021 Jul 29;23(4):20m02747. doi: 10.4088/PCC.20m02747. PMID: 34324797.
- Uvais NA, Shihabudheen P, Bishurul NA, Moideen S. COVID-19-Related Stigma and Stress Among Doctors Working in the Private Sector During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021 Sep 9;23(5):21br02956. doi: 10.4088/PCC.21br02956. PMID: 34507387.
- Uvais NA, Moideen S, Babu F, et al. Depression and anxiety among patients with active COVID-19 infection: a cross-sectional study. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021;23(5):20br02996.
- Uvais NA, Moideen S, Hafi B, Rajagopal S, et al. Insomnia in COVID-19 survivors: a cross-sectional study among healthcare workers. Chronobiology in Medicine 2021;3(3):102-106.
- Uvais NA. COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy among patients with psychiatric disorders. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2021;23(6):21br03028.
- Bhat R, Aboobacker IN, Narayanan S, Aziz F, Narayanan R, Balakrishnan S, et al. Clinical profile and outcome in long-term hemodialysis: A comparative study of hospital-based versus standalone units. Indian J Nephrol 0;0:0.