Dr. Sreenath K
MBBS, MS, Mch (Neurosurgery), DNB(Neurosurgery),MNAMS
Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine surgery
Dr. Sreenath K has the experience of effectively managing patients with traumatic brain and spine injuries and various other emergency and elective brain and spine diseases both conservatively and surgically.
Dr. Sreenath K did his MBBS from Government Medical College, Kozhikode, MS General Surgery(2012- 2015) from Regional Institute of Medical sciences- Imphal (An autonomous institute under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India) and MCh Neurosurgery(2015- 2018) from Government Medical College Thrissur. He also did DNB Neurosurgery(2019) of National Board of Examinations, MNAMS and Fellowship in minimally invasive brain and spine surgery. He was trained in Neuroendoscopy (ventricular and Skullbase ) from Center of Excellence for Minimal Access Surgery Training, Mumbai, India and Micro neuro vascular surgery from J&J institute. He also completed a short term course in Neuropathology from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences(NIMHANS) Banglore, India.
He presented many research papers in various state and national conferences and received best paper award multiple times and has won prizes for various state and national level surgery quiz competitions . He is an active Member of Neurological society of India, Kairaly Neurosciences Society, Association of surgeons of India, IHS,SELSI etc. He is enthusiastic about researches and has done researches in the field of various brain and spine conditions especially minimally invasive spine surgery. His areas of interests are neuro oncology, skull base and spine surgery.
Before joining our hospital, he worked as a provisional Assistant Professor in the department of neurosurgery, Government Medical College Thrissur from 2018-19 and consultant neurosurgeon in both Aswini and Mother hospital Thrissur (from Aug 2019 to feb 2021).
Publications in peer reviewed journals
Sreenath K, Bijukrishnan R, Vijayan P. A Study Comparing Open and Minimally Invasive Surgery for Single or Two Level Thoracolumbar Intradural Extramedullary(IDEM) Spine Tumors. The Journal of Spinal Surgery 2019; 6(2):53-59.
- Bijukrishnan R, Shaji U.A, Sreenath K. Minimally invasive spine surgery: An alternate corridor for various spinal procedures – Our institute experience. Indian Journal of Neurosciences 2018;4(4):197-203.
- Shaji U. Abu, Lijo J. Kollannur, Sreenath K. Postoperative outcome in thoracolumbar spinal tuberculosis:a retrospective study. Int J Res Med Sci. 2020;8(9):3208-3211.
- Lijo J Kollannur, Shaji U Abu, Sreenath K. Cerebrospinal fluid leak in posterior fossa surgeries with different dural closure methods -a retrospective cohort study. IP Indian Journal of Neurosciences 2020;6(3):188–191.
- Sreenath K,Anand P Raghavan, Bijukrishnan R and Arunkumar RS. Metastasis from Prostatic Adenocarcinoma: A Mimicker of Chronic Subdural Hematoma.Acta Scientific Neurology 2019; 2(11):28-30.
- Bijukrishnan R, VijayanP, Sreenath K. Retrospective Analysis Of Clinical And Radiological Features Of Symptomatic Chiari I Malformations. International Journal of Current Research 2019;11(6):4446-49.
- VijayanP,Bijukrishnan R, Sreenath K. Factors predicting the occurrence of syringomyelia in patients with Chiari I malformations. International journal of research in medical sciences 2019;7(8):1-3.
- Sreenath K, Thaha Rashid PT ,Bhabatosh D., Subrato Kishore DB, Ramesh Singh T, Lekhachandra Sharma K.Metabolic syndrome among patients with gallstone disease – a strong risk factor for postoperative wound infection after cholecystectomy, a study from northeast India. International Journal of Current Research 2014;6(12):11045-11050.
- Kala Singh Ksh , Sreenath K, Thaha Rashid PT , Subrata Kishore DB. Unilateral Massive Pleural Effusion Mimicking Pulmonary Tuberculosis Due To PleuropulmonaryParagonimiasis- A Case from Manipur, India. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences 2015;14(2):1-4.
- Sreenath K, Sanjeeb Sharma, ThGojendraSingh,KhGojen Singh, KhuraijamRanjana Devi. Localised Cryptococcal Scalp Osteomyelitis in an Immunocompetent Man- A Rare Case. International Journal of Anatomy, Radiology and Surgery 2014;3(4): 10-12.